What are TDMA Control Channels on P25 trunk systems, and what does this mean for the scanner radio hobby?
What You Will Learn in This Week's Podcast:
- P25 TDMA control channels are different from P25 phase two voice channels.
- Every single P25 system out there up until this point has used an FDMA control channel.
- A new addition to the P25 suite of standards defines a TDMA control channel for P25 trunking operations similar to the FDMA control channel.
- The TDMA control channel supports the same functionality as the FDMA control channel. However, with the use of that TDMA control channel, a single 12.5 K Hz channel supports two virtual channels and can be configured to utilize one or both virtual channels for inbound outbound signaling.
- Before current P25 systems can migrate over to TDMA, they need to only have Phase 2 Talk Groups
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media