Why would you want to build your own ADS-B Receiver?
Well…. Have you????
- Have you ever looked up at the planes flying overhead and wondered who they were?
- Have you ever been curious to know where they were from and where they were going?
- Have you wondered why that plane went over lower than you expected?
- Have you wondered where that police helicopter was flying over?
- Have you thought that maybe air traffic in your area increased….and you wanted to know why?
And with your own ADS-B Receiver…
You could see all of the beaconing aircraft in your area. Usually over 150 miles (241 km) away from your location!
Setting up your own ADS-B receiver is quick!
I setup my very first monitoring station in under 30 minutes! I used my existing antenna, so your time will take a little longer if you are going to setup a dedicated antenna.
Setting up your own ADS-B kit is affordable!
If you have some SDR's floating around and a Raspberry Pi, you have everything you need.
If you are starting from scratch, you can get going for about $50 USD
Before jumping into the tutorials, please sign up for my ADS-B e-mail list
In this list, I will keep you updated on my own ADS-B project.
The tutorial on this page is just to get you started.
All of my advanced tips and tricks will be sent to you periodically via e-mail. This list will only be for those interested in ADS-B and will not be shared with anyone.
We will send you information on setting up a basic ADS-B monitoring station, and how you can improve on it with more advanced tutorials over time.