What does the T-Band Giveback mean?
In this episode, Phil walks you through the FCC’s plan, the opposition it faces, and what it would mean for public safety and scanner radio hobbyists alike.
What You Will Learn in This Week's Podcast:
- The FCC T-band giveback is reallocating the 470-512 MHz spectrum.
- The T-band spectrum was part of the TV band that ran from Channel 14-20.
- This spectrum was allocated to certain major urban areas for public safety, broadcast television, transportation, and private land mobile services to reduce congestion.
- The FCC is aware that the giveback is a bad idea and will harm public safety as licenses in these bands are crucial for first responders, but it is currently the law to move forward with it.
- Congress has bipartisan support to get rid of the T-band giveback.
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media