The RadioShack brand is making a comeback.
They are getting into the crypto game and are enterin the market with their own coin, $RADIO.
What you need to know:
- RadioShack was started in 1921 by two brothers who wanted to provide the ham radio market equipment.
- They started with one physical store and a mail order store in downtown Boston.
- In 1962, Tandy was looking for a hobby-related business, so they took over RadioShack, restructured it, and gave RadioShack a brand new foundation.
- RadioShack was known for carrying its name brands like Tandy and realistic.
- Tandy Corp was not only manufacturing their stuff for RadioShack, but there is also an OEM for hardware like Digital Equipment, Corporation grid, Olivetti, AST Computer, and Panasonic.
- RadioShack had several successes and ultimate failures.
- RadioShack had some iconic scanners like the Realistic Pro 2006.
- If you were getting into the electronic hobby, you were getting into radios. RadioShack is probably where you learned. That’s where you cut your teeth in his hobby.
- We scanner radio users or amateur radio operators were their target audience, and we were their target market from the beginning. But unfortunately, selling radios, antennas, and components is no longer something out there that can support a brick and mortar store.
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media