Today’s guest, Bill Sawyer, recently wrote a column for National Communications magazine about vacation scanning.
Bill joins us today to discuss his successes and failures when it comes to taking his scanner on family vacations.
What You Will Learn in This Week's Podcast:
- Bill and I talk about the big difference between shortwave listening to the world and listening local with the scanner radio.
- He shares which one was more challenging to him and which ones were challenging in general.
- If you are willing to do a little research online, you can find your frequencies on Radio Reference as well as other sites.
- Bill suggests, “Try to visualize who you want to listen to and when you want to listen to them” when planning your scanner's setup for vacation.
- Before going on a vacation, go through the manual and use your scanner to refresh your memory on how to use the basic functions.
- Traveling with a scanner will be more enjoyable when you don't have to keep referring to the manual.
- Make sure you do your homework about where you will be traveling and your scanning will be a lot more enjoyable.
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media