In today’s episode, I will talk about how a community came together to help uncover a brand-new federal trunk system.
What You Will Learn in This Week's Podcast:
- A user from Radio Reference posted that they discovered a Federal System and wanted to know if anyone recognized the WACN and NAC
- This was discovered when this user entered the search mode in his scanner
- It was quickly uncovered that this was a new Trunk System in the NY / NJ / CT area
- People from the area were contributing to the new trunk system in forums.
- They looked at systems and sites and reported what they saw, heard, and observed in the system.
- Within two weeks of the initial post on radio reference, we got updates on frequencies, control channels, neighbors, talk groups, radio ids, and changes in sites and cold nation to identify from where signals are coming out.
- Can we expect a nationwide system with over a hundred sites?
- This is exciting because the local scanner radio community came together to uncover this new system.
- The secrets are in the searches!
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media