Today, we welcome Andrew Murphy. Andrew loves to build and work on his own antennas. Whether it's improving or rebuilding a commercial design, something that he has seen in a magazine, or one he has designed himself, Andrew has an antenna for every situation and band.
What makes today’s conversation with Andrew truly amazing is that Andrew doesn’t have acres of property to play with. Most of his antennas are inside his apartment and they work great!
What You Need To Know
- Andrew became interested in scanning by listening to storm chasers.
- He was originally from Alabama and every spring he would love to hear storm chasers on the radio.
- 90% Andrew’s antennas are built from 14-gauge wire.
- Many designs are done for little money or investment.
- Andrew has antennas that work well for Shortwave, HF, VHF, and UHF.
- To help him model antennas, Andrew has a few applications and websites that he uses. Those are noted in the session links.
- If you were to start or build one antenna, Andrew recommends a J-Pole antenna.
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media