What is it like to participate in a Scanner School Zello net?
If you wanted to check out a Scanner School Zello net but can't find the time to join, here is what you've been missing
What You Will Learn in This Week's Podcast:
Yes – Episode 121 is being released after episode 122…
Are you wondering what it’s like to participate in a Scanner School Zello net?
In this episode, Phil plays a recent Zello net chat for you to hear what it’s like.
Here is how this past week's net operated:
- Everyone participating gives a brief introduction.
- Kenneth mentions a local airport changing its radio system and that he has signed up for beta testing of new software.
- Ray asks about how to get rid of interference from multiple boxes (Comcast, etc) behind his house.
- Will there be updates to the Uniden SD-100?
- Mark asks Phil to share certain frequencies for Pennsylvania because he was unable to find them online, so Phil shares some resources.
- Joe asks if there is a recommended delay setting for DMR, and Phil explains a system hold setting.
- We have a quick discussion on NIFOG and regional SCIP protocols.
- Phil found that personnel at some COVID-19 testing sites on Long Island are using radios that you may be able to listen to.
- The hospital ships coming into port in New York and possibly the west coast also have radios that you may be able to listen to.
- And More!
Links and Sources from this session:
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Follow us on Social Media
Join our e-mail list!
Stay up to date on all of our podcasts and tutorials.