Do you want to get started with scanning or brush up on basics in the new year?
In this episode, Phil goes through a rapid-fire rundown of basic terminology and types of scanning from analog to digital transmissions.
This is part 1 of this 2021 crash course.
What You Will Learn in This Week's Podcast:
- Scanning is the ability to cycle through many frequencies per second, or to monitor one or several frequencies, allowing you to monitor several agencies on one radio.
- What is a frequency and how do we measure it
- The difference between Hertz, Kilo-Hertz, and Mega-Hertz.
- AM, FM, and USB
- Simplex, Duplex, and Repeated Transmissions
- The benefits of Analog and Digital Transmissions
- The differences between FDMA and TDMA and what this means for Digital Transmissions
- P25 is short for Project 25, a set of standards under telecommunications associations.
- What DMR is and the differences between Tier 1, 2 and 3
- NXDN and it's benefits
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media