What will the next 10 years hold for scanning?
The Scanning hobby is ever-changing.
Who would have though that at the start of the 2010's we would see touch screen scanners, be able to receive DMR and NXDN, and also use SDR's to pickup almost any signal out there?
What will the next one hold?
In this podcast, we discuss what has happened over the last decade in scanning and what might be coming in the future.
What You Need To Know
Here are some of the key points in the last 10 years in the scanning hobby, and what I predict will happen in the next 10.
Do you agree? Leave me feedback below!
- The home patrol 1 radio was released: a revolutionary radio.
- GRE releases PSR800 and Radio Shack Pro18
- P25 phase 2 makes its debut.
- BCD436hp and BCD536hp announced in 2013.
- Whistler buys GRE and releases TRX1 and TRX2.
- The closing of Radio Shack hits the hobby.
- SDS100 released by Uniden in 2018 and SDS200 in 2019
- The introduction of P25 Simulcast issues.
- Birth of the BCD325P2.
- More digital modes take the stage.
- Birth and rise of software-defined radios.
- Increase in agencies enabling encryption.
- New developments in SDR.
- Challenges and worries with SDR.
- Will there be a shake-up in the 2 party system of Uniden and Whistler
- Will there be an open-source 3rd party scanner coming to the market?
- Developments on digital modes.
- Pushes into DMR and P25, with more going encryption.
- Movement on the T-Band gives back.
- New scanners coming out: my prediction.
What do you think? Leave us some feedback
Links and Sources from this session:
(Some of the above links are affiliate links. Scanner School may earn a small fee, at no additional cost to you, if you use these links to make a purchase. This is a great way to help support Scanner School.)
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Follow us on Social Media
Join our e-mail list!
Stay up to date on all of our podcasts and tutorials.