How To Safely Buy Used Gear
Here are some ways that you can protect yourself when buying used equipment in person or online
- Are you not able to afford new equipment?
- Are you looking for that old piece that you always wanted?
- How do you go about finding the best “used” equipment?
- What do you look for when buying “used” gear?
In this podcast, we talk about what's changed in finding new gear, how to go about looking for gear and the best and safe ways for finding good used gear.
What You Need To Know
- The “old way” swapping or finding used gear.
- The value of “Ham-fests.”
- eBay: the positives and negatives and various buying types.
- Facebook marketplace: a good alternative to eBay.
- Craigslist and Apps: another option for selling used items
- Other Public bulletin boards: eHam and QRZ
- Benefits of Paypal
- Radio Reference: the “mecca” of used gear with 1 caveat.
- Amazon: they sell used stuff too!
- Sell on Scanner School Club
Links and Sources from this session:
(Some of the above links are affiliate links. Scanner School may earn a small fee, at no additional cost to you, if you use these links to make a purchase. This is a great way to help support Scanner School.)
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Follow us on Social Media
Join our e-mail list!
Stay up to date on all of our podcasts and tutorials.