Many of you have submitted questions – today I answer a few of them!
In this episode, Phil plays the live Ask Scanner School session he held on Facebook and YouTube.
You can join us on the first Tuesday of every month on our Live Q&A on YouTube and Facebook at 9pm Eastern US Time
What will you learn this week?
- Has there been anything about new scanners on the horizon from Uniden or Whistler?
- Where should you look for tips if you’re brand new to scanning?
- How to troubleshoot scanning on a Windows 10 Sentinel machine?
- What to do about a hum sound on an SDS-200?
- What impact will the death of the senior developer at Uniden have on future scanner quality?
- Will Phil ever do an IceCast setup tutorial for Windows or Linux?
- Would Phil recommend Butel software for a beginner?
- What is the best antenna to use for your house without breaking the bank?
- Is there a known issue with the Radio Shack Pro 197 resetting its memory?
- How is the SDR class coming along?
- Does DSD support trunking?
- Can you fly with any of your scanning equipment?
- How can using quick keys benefit you?
- Is there a database to identify non-voice signals on scanners?
- What to do if you get an “Unknown” error?
- Are there certain settings to pay attention to, like filters, to improve your audio quality?
If you have a question about scanning, please visit www.scannerschool.com/ask and leave us a message via SpeakPipe or the local number on our website. We'll play your message on next month's #AskScannerSchool
You can help support Scanner School by visiting our support page at www.scannerschool.com/support
If you would like to ask a question and have it answered on future #AskScannerSchool, please submit your question here.
Links from this session:
(Some of the above links are affiliate links. Scanner School may earn a small fee, at no additional cost to you, if you use these links to make a purchase. This is a great way to help support Scanner School.)
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Follow us on Social Media
Join our e-mail list!
Stay up to date on all of our podcasts and tutorials.