Many of you have submitted questions – today I answer a few of them!
What you need to know
This month I answer:
- Should you be scanning NIFOG Frequencies and why they should be programmed into your scanner
- Scanning the Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network and where to find the frequencies and talk groups
- What type of computer should you buy for radio programming
- What antennas would I recommend for basement dwellers?
- What do the filters do on the SDS100 and SDS200?
- Where do I see the hobby going in the next 10 years?
- Does it look like a SDS100 or SDS200 will be required to monitor the Alameda County Trunk System in California?
If you would like to ask a question and have it answered on future #AskScannerSchool, please submit your question here.
Please support the Scanner School podcast. Visit www.scannerschool.com/support to see how you can help us. Some of the ways you can support us won't cost you any additional money!
Links from this session:
- Radio Reference: radioreference.com
- Whistler Radio Scanners: whistlergroup.com/collections/scanner-accessories
- Whistler WMM-160 Scanner Antenna: whistlergroup.com/collections/scanner-accessories/products/magnet-mount-dual-band-scanner-antenna-tx-2m-70cm
- Whistler WMM-460 Scanner Antenna: whistlergroup.com/products/mobile-desktop-scanner-antenna-multi-band
- Whistler WMM-860 Scanner Antenna: whistlergroup.com/collections/scanner-accessories/products/desktop-scanner-antenna-multi-band
(Some of the above links are affiliate links. Scanner School may earn a small fee, at no additional cost to you, if you use these links to make a purchase. This is a great way to help support Scanner School.)
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Follow us on Social Media
Join our e-mail list!
Stay up to date on all of our podcasts and tutorials.