A new net – no license required!
With your smart phone or tablet, you can join the conversation on Zello!
How can you join the Scanner School community in a live Zello chat?
In this episode, Phil walks you through how to create your Zello account and join the Scanner School group, and explains the purpose of the weekly Zello net chat and what sets it apart!
What You Need To Know
- Phil is launching a weekly scanner radio net meet-up for anyone interested in the hobby to participate in.
- This net will be different because it won’t be hosted on an amateur radio frequency, but on Zello.
- This approach means all you need is a smartphone and it’s completely free instead of needing specialty equipment.
- The net is intended to be international.
- Our “Beta” test allowed the participants to exchange information, including how to track NASA assets as they fly across the globe.
- Scanner School’s weekly Zello meeting information, including the password, can be found at www.scannerschool.com/zello
Links and Sources from this session:
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Follow us on Social Media