Multiple Scanners in your Whistler Scanner
In this episode, Phil explains the virtual scanner feature that exists in many Whistler and Radio Shack scanner models. He talks about what they’re best used for, how to set them up and make changes, and more.
What You Will Learn in This Week's Podcast:
- This virtual scanner option is available on most, but not all, Whistler, GRE, and Radio Shack scanners that support object-oriented scanning.
- V-scanner stands for “virtual scanner”, and they are built into your existing scanner, with different models having between 21-200 v-scanners built-in.
- V-scanners are a set of configurations inside your scanner that save your object lists.
- These allow you to create backup copies of your scanner configurations.
- You can also create v-scanners for different locations and swap them out as you travel.
- V-Scanner comes in two flavors
- Doing a reset will only apply to the v-scanner you currently have loaded.
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media