Welcome to my honest Uniden SDS200 Review
On the morning of January 10th, 2019, Uniden released the details on their new desktop scanner, the SDS200
When the unit becomes available, you can bet I will be one of the first to place my order and will documents my thoughts and review to this webpage
Because this page is currently under constant revision, I would like to offer you a link to my e-mail list.
In this e-mail list I will be sending you my hands on review and experiences of the Uniden SDS200.
What do we know about the scanner so far?
According to Uniden's website, these are the specs on the scanner:
The SDS200 incorporates the latest True I/Q receiver technology, which provides the best digital decode performance in the industry, even in challenging receive environments.
The SDS200’s other major features includes:
- 3.5″ Customizable Color Display
- 1.5X Din-E (300 mm x 75 mm) chassis
- Ext. Sp. Jack
- Auxiliary USB Type A jack for future expansion
- Ethernet connectivity for remote streaming and control*
- Trunktracker X
- APCO P25 Phase I and II
- Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunking
- MotoTRBO Capacity + and Connect +**
- DMR Tier III**
- Hytera XPT**
- Single-Channel DMR**
- NXDN 4800 and 9600**
- EDACS ProVoice**
- Location-Based Scanning
- USA/Canada Radio Database
- ZIP Code Selection for Easy Setup
- GPS Connectivity for simple mobile operation
- Close Call™ RF Capture with Do Not Disturb
- 8 GB micro SD
- Soft Keys for Intelligent UI
- Recording, Playback, and Replay
- Temporary Avoid
- Fire Tone-Out Alert
- System Analysis and Discovery
- CTCSS/DCS/NAC/RAN/Color Code Decoding
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alert
- Enhanced Dynamic Memory
- Preemptive Trunking Priority
- Multi-Site System Scanning
- Fully Customizable Scanning with your own Favorites Lists
- Backlit Keypad
- Channel Volume Offset
- PC Programming and Control
- USB Connectivity
- Weekly Database Updates
- Free Sentinel Software keeps the SDS200 database and memory up to date
- Frequency Coverage:
- 25-512 MHz
- 758-824 MHz
- 849-869 MHz
- 895-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
* Additional or 3rd-Party software may be required.
** Paid upgrades required for DMR, NXDN, and ProVoice monitoring
More to come….
I will be adding more information to this page as I spend some time with the scanner. To make sure you are up to date on my review, please be sure to subscribe to my e-mail list.
This list will only be for updates on the SDS200. I won't be sending any other types messages via this list.
This e-mail list will be my honest review of the Uniden SDS200. This will include information, tips and tricks, software updates, and any deals.