What do you need to know about Amateur Radio DMR?
Everything you need to know from getting your ID's to hardware to use.
Our guest, Kenneth Fowler gives us some great insight into Amateur Radio DMR.
What you need to know
- Kenneth shares about the 3 flavors of DMR and specifics related to them.
- We discuss a variety of resources, networks for DMR, C-Bridges, and talk groups.
- We look at the differences in using time slots and repeaters.
- We talk about the utilization of hotspots, how to get them, availability, and how to use them.
- What you need to know to get set up on Amateur radio as a scanner operator.
- Kenneth gives us his equipment recommendations for getting started, setting up zones, channels, and frequencies.
- We discuss the global nature of DMR, and a variety of groups to be a part of.
- Kenneth's Tips and Tricks for getting into Amateur Radio DMR
- And most importantly – how to scan an Amateur Radio DMR network correctly
- And what to expect while monitoring the network
Links and Sources from this session:
Kenneth's ID#: 3151100
Virginia Statewide Talk Group: #3151
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Follow us on Social Media