Let's talk about 10 ways that you can use your old analog radio in today's digital scanning environment
What You Will Learn in This Week's Podcast:
- Marine monitoring is the thing that anyone can do with any scanner.
- Aircraft monitoring can be done worldwide
- Railroad is moving to NXDN here in the US, but most of RR is still analog only.
- Weather Alert Standby is a feature in many newer analog scanners
- SKYWARN traffic is typically on amateur radio analog repeaters.
- Fire Tone Out is another feature found in many analog scanners.
- News and media frequencies are very busy and you can hear interesting transmission on those frequency ranges.
- Shopping malls and departmental store use FRS radios that are analog.
- Put your old analog scanner in search mode, put it into close call mode, and see what is close to you or what is around you.
- You can tap into discriminated baseband audio or raw audio or unprocessed or unfiltered audio of the board of your scanner.
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Thinks You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Links and Sources from this session:
Follow us on Social Media