What do preppers need to know about scanners?
I've been on several prepping podcasts lately and this this is a common question.
What do you need to know about using scanners ?
Do you know what to do before the emergency?
What kind of scanner do you need? How do you set it up?
What you need to know
- I have 10 things every prepper needs to know about scanning.
- 1: Know how to use your scanner before the emergency.
- 2: How to buy the right scanner for your area.
- 3: Realize that things do change and can change over time.
- 4: Know where to buy a scanner.
- 5: Where to get a scanner programmed
- 6: What you need to know about antennas
- 7: What are the important frequencies or talk groups in use in your area?
- 8: Batteries
- 9: Know the NOAA Weather Frequencies
- 10: Know how to enable and disable those “nuisance checks”
Links and Sources from this session:
Are you looking for your first scanner radio?
Download our new e-guide, “5 Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your First Scanner”. This free PDF is about 30 pages long and has 5 things you should look for, plus a few extra bonus items to make sure you make an educated purchase.
Follow us on Social Media
Join our e-mail list!
Stay up to date on all of our podcasts and tutorials.